Monday, May 27, 2019

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! Today I have a couple of cards in honor of Memorial Day and the service and sacrifice of our military members. Both cards use some of the new images from DRS Designs. You can see all of the new images here.



I started this card by stamping the new Stars and Stripes Border image(938P) along the top of my white panel using Versafine Majestic Blue ink. Next I stamped the new Patriotic Heart(934G) and the God Bless America greeting with the same blue ink. I stamped the heart a second time onto white CS, colored it with Copics and after fussy cutting it I added it to the panel with foam squares. The panel was attached to a red panel that was punch with an EK Success stars border punch and then everything was added to the white card base. I had some red, white (clear) and blue rhinestone stars in my stash so I added some to complete the look.

My next card uses the new Camo image (823F). Since I wanted to use the Navy Seal on this card, I stamped the Camo image in the same Versafine Majesttic Blue ink, even though my son in law who serves in the navy now wears the green camo and not the blue.


The camo just didn't look quite right on white CS, so I went with a gray CS. After creating the background, I stamped the Navy Seal onto white CS with the same blue ink, heat embossed it with clear EP, die cut it and layered it onto a gray circle that was sponged along the edges with that blue ink. The seal is attached to the card base with foam adhesive for some dimension. I found some rhinestone anchors in my stash and added them for accents.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia


No comments:

Post a Comment