Tuesday, June 9, 2020

A nurse brings...

This week DRS Designs is sponsoring the challenge at Thru the Craft Room Door. It's an Anything Goes challenge. So I thought I'd share a card using the new A Nurse Brings sentiment and a new to me background technique I learned yesterday at Splitcoast Stampers Technique Challenge.

The background was created using plastic wrap and inks. You just crumple up the plastic wrap dab it into your ink pad and stamp onto your CS. I used some older SU inks, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Almost Amethyst. I really like the look this technique creates and will definitely be creating more backgrounds with it. Plus it is super easy to do!

The sentiment was stamped with Versafine black ink onto white CS, die cut and layered onto a matching layer die cut from Certainly Celery CS, The background panel was die cut with a Fawn Lawn rectangle die and layered onto a Certainly Celery card base. Some green rhinestones and a pink punched heart (covered in Nuvo Crystal Glaze) complete the look.

I hope you can find some time to play along with this new challenge. You could be the winner of a $20 gift certificate from DRS Designs.

Thanks for stopping by.

blessings,
shelia

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment . Great card Lisa Through the craft room door -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see a craftroom tour on YouTube and the lady had a little drawer and she said she kept plastic packaging like that to make her own backgrounds and I didn't have a clue how she would use it. Thank you for enlightening me :)

    Thankyou to DRS Designs for sponsoring our challenge this time round.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy and keep crafting :)

    DT for Through The Craft Room Door

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete