Monday, March 18, 2019

Extra Tweet!


Happy Monday everyone. Hope your weekend was great! I've been sick for the last couple of weeks with a severe sinus infection. I'm just starting to feel normal again for which I am grateful. It feels so good to be able to get into the craft room and create some cards. I did have lots of time to peruse the internet for new ideas and my card today is a result of a video I saw by Jennifer McGuire. This is a pop up shadow box card. Super easy to create and lots of fun. You can see her video here.

I started with two pieces of light blue heavy weight CS (6 1/4 by 5 1/2), scored both ends at half an inch and one inch. Die cut the circle and added a piece of black CS with a smaller die cut circle. This adds some stability to the card front. I stamped the Silly Bird image onto watercolor paper, colored him with some Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens, fussy cut and added him and the greeting to the blue CS before adding the black support panel. I stamped the open leaf branch a few times onto white CS, colored the leaves with Copics and added it to the back panel. The 3 in 1 feathers were stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with the same Nuvo pens, fussy cut and glued onto the front.

What I like about this shadow box card is it does fold flat for mailing. When you take it out of the envelop it pops up and can stand on its own. I think I'm going to do some Pop Up Shadow box cards for my grandkids for Easter this year. I have just the bunny image in mind too - Big Bunny Face. It's my favorite bunny image and will look awesome peeking through a pop up card!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have fun creating!

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment