Monday, April 13, 2020

Caught a Bug?

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to get creative. I'm having fun playing around with the newest images from DRS Designs. If you've been checking out the blog this past week, then you have seen all sorts of beautiful and fun creations using the new images, especially the new Peeking Gnome (994D). He's the featured image on my card today. He is just the cutest!


I started by stamping the Peeking Gnome onto white CS with black ink, colored him with Copics, fussy cut and set him aside. I wanted him peeking over some mushrooms, so I stamped the larger one from the Toadstool image, masked it, and stamped the smaller one from the same image as well as the ladybug mushroom. I continued to mask all of those images, and stamped another larger mushroom from the Toadstool image as well as the new Mushroom Line Background (990F). After coloring them all with Copics, I added the Feel Better Greeting onto the sign, drew in the grassy border with a Micro pen and then sponged in the grassy area and stamped the easy grass background with some green ink. 

I added all the masks back onto the images and sponged the sky with blue distress oxide ink using a MFT small cloud stencil. The Caught a Bug? greeting was stamped directly onto the panel with VersFine Black Onyx ink. 

I decided I needed some more lady bugs on the mushrooms so I stamped two more onto white CS, colored them with Copics, fussy cut and glued them onto the card. I used a Micro Pen to dray their antenna into place so I wouldn't have to try and fussy cut those!!

Finally I glued the Peeking Gnome over top of the larger mushroom to complete the scen. This was a fun card to create! You can check out all these images and the other new releases from DRS Designs here.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia


No comments:

Post a Comment