Monday, July 20, 2020

In the spirit of Halloween...

Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and found some time to get inky. DRS Designs is  releasing some fabulous new Halloween images that I think you are going to really like. If you check the blog regularly you have already seen several cards using the new images. Aren't they great!

My cards today feature the new ghost image(1104F) and Spirit of Halloween greeting(010D). When I saw the ghost image I had this idea of lining them up in a row holding hands, kind of like a line of dancers. So I stamped a bunch of them onto vellum CS with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white EP. Ghost images on vellum look so cool to me. After cutting them all out, I inked up the background with some DO inks to create the night sky. Once that dried I stamped the new greeting with VersaMark ink and embossed it with white EP too. Then as I started to put the card together I remembered that adding vellum to cardstock is a bit tricky. I had forgotten about that detail. So I had to figure something out and decided to add just a drop of glue behind the eyes, mouth and along the feet part. I did pretty good with the glue, but there are some places where you can see it through the vellum. I still like the ghosts stamped onto vellum, but I think I might need to figure out another way to attach them to the card. I actually made two cards using the ghosts, one A2 size and one slimline.  Here they are:




The inside is the same on both cards.


I like less scary Halloween cards and thought this would make a fun inside for my line up of ghosts. I used the Trick or Treat greeting and the candy corn image. As a kid Halloween was all about the candy! Still is.

Thanks for stopping by today. You can see all the new images here.

Shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment