Monday, November 2, 2020

Gnome for the Holidays

  Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to get creative. We had some snow flurries yesterday with strong bitterly old winds, so it was a good day to stay in and stamp! Here's the card I created.



I started with a piece of watercolor CS, stamped the woodgrain background onto it and then sponged on some DO inks in browns. While that dried I stamped, colored and fussy cut the peeking gnome and toad stool images. The string of Christmas lights was stamped with Versafine Black ink and heat embossed with clear EP. I used a small paintbrush and water to remove the DO ink from the light bulbs and colored them with various Copic Markers. Next I die cut the window from the front panel, marked off the inside of the window and stamped the new Gnome for the Holidays greeting and potted Christmas tree image, which I colored with Copics. Once everything was colored, I assembled the card. The woodgrain panel is popped up with foam adhesive, as is the peeking gnome. The mushrooms and grassy border are glued on. Last I added some clear Nuvo drops to the Christmas lights and tree bulbs and then some white Nuvo drops to the white spots on the mushrooms.

I really like how this turned out. That peeking gnome is my favorite gnome and I knew I wanted to use him on my card.

Thanks for stopping by today. You can check out the newest images as well as all the awesome images and greetings from DRS Designs here.


blessings,

shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment