Monday, February 8, 2021

Freezin!!

  Happy Monday everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to get creative. It is bitterly cold here in NW Ohio, so I was quite content to stay indoors and stamp away the weekend! It's so cold our poor dog doesn't want to go for walks. She just dashes into the backyard, does her business and dashes back in doors! I really don't mind since I have little to no desire to go outdoors either!! With that idea in mind, here's my first card for today. It truly is Freezin' Season here!




I started with the dark blue CS, splattered some white gesso mixed with water to create the snow, then I used a MFT window die to cut out the window and then the Freezin season was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with white EP. I used the window in the blue panel to mark and die cut the same window in the white card base. Then I stamped and colored the Skating Snowman inside the card. I honestly believe if this snowman were here right now, he'd be skating off to someplace a tad bit warmer! Wind chill has our temps in the minus digits. That's pretty cold, even for a snowman.


My next cards are for Valentine's Day.  DRS has some great new Valentine images and greetings.



This card uses the new Bee my Valentine greeting and the new Flower Hearts along with the sweet little bitsy bee. The flower hearts were stamped onto pink CS with VersaMark ink, heat embossed with white  EP, die cut into a heart shape and then cut into strips. The strips are attached to a heart die cut from acetate and popped up with foam adhesive. In real life it looks like the heart is floating on the card. I got this idea from Natasha Foote. You can see her video here.



This card uses the same greeting, but this time I stenciled the honeycomb using  some DO inks. The greeting was stamped in the corner. The bitsy bee and the Happy bee were stamped, colored and fussy cut. They're attached with foam dots. Some clear gems were added for embellishments. The panel was attached to a black card base.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you're staying warm!

blessings,
shelia






No comments:

Post a Comment