Thursday, April 5, 2012

This is a Christmas Card I made using Lesley's Merry Monday Sketch Challenge at "Always Playing with Paper."




I stamped DRS Designs "Merry Christmoose" (834L) on white card stock with Memento Black ink and then colored it with copics. I added some white flower soft to the Moose's hat. :-)  After cutting the image with a round nestie, I layered it on a red eyelet pendant made with a Spellbinders die. The dp is from Hobby Lobby. I added a couple of border punched layers and a sparkly green ribbon to finish it off.

If you want to get a head start on those Christmas Cards, check out Lesley's blog and join the weekly Monday challenge.

Today I also made a birthday card. DRS Designs has a great birthday sentiment for anyone who enjoys golfing. I made this card for my son.


The card base is SU Kraft. The DRS Designs Golfer (457L) was stamped with Memento Black ink on white card stock. After coloring him with Copics, I sponged some SU Bashful Blue around for the sky. He is layered on some Kraft CS and then some Blue CS and then attached to the card. I stamped the tiny Happy Birthday sentiment (1081A), also from DRS Designs in Black on white CS, cut it with the smallest nestie circle die and layered it on a slightly bigger blue circle.

The sentiment DRS Designs (507G) was stamped in Memento Black on white CS and cut into strips which were layered on the same blue CS. These were attached above the golfer. This card is based on Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge for this week. It's a great sketch!

I embossed some lines across the upper right hand corner just so it wouldn't look quite so plain. It doesn't really show up in the photo, but looks pretty good in real life!

Hope you like the cards. Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
shelia

4 comments:

  1. Love both cards but especially love the Christmas one. Love all the detail of the punch/diecuts.. And the flower soft trim.
    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sheila! My dad would love that golfer card! Your Christmas creation is adorable...perfectly done in red and green! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards, love the image on your christmas card it is adorable. Thank you for playing Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila.(1) the christmas card , what a fabulous image and a gorgeous glitter bow. what a lovely card I love this one .

    (2) fantastic mens card I love this one Your colours are beautiful .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete