Monday, September 28, 2015

Halloween Night

My card today once again features the new silhouette graveyard -- I like this new image. It's super easy to use and makes a great spooky background for those Halloween cards. It was stamped with VersaMark ink, along with the moon, sentiment and accent bats. Everything was embossed with black EP, then I sponged in the sky, masking the moon and the grassy area. Once that dried, I masked the sky and sponged in the grassy part. This panel was layered onto black CS and then attached to the orange card base after adding the dotted ribbon.

This card also works for this week's challenge, "Flying High."  We'd love to have you play along. You could be the winner of some fabulous stamps. You can see the details here.

Thanks for stopping by,

Thursday, September 24, 2015


It's Thursday and that means a new challenge at DRS Designs. This week the challenge is "Flying High." You need to have something flying on your card. I went with a witch in honor of Halloween, especially since she seemed to go so well with the new sentiment.

I stamped and heat embossed the silhouette grave, sentiment and moon, then masked the graveyard and moon so I could sponge in the sky and grass. The witch was stamped, colored with Copics, fussy cut and attached with foam dots. After layering the panel on black CS, it was attached to the white card base.

We'd love to have you join in the fun this week. You could be the winner of these stamps!
I have a second card to share with you today. It is for the Ways to Use it Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Did you know today is National Punctuation Day? Who knew?!!  For this challenge your are to have some punctuation on your card. You might be surprised at the number of sentiments in your stash that do not have punctuation! I found a Halloween sentiment that has a hyphen and an exclamation point.
I seem to be creating a lot of cards with this same sky and grassy area design. I like the look. Anyway, I stamped the trees and sentiment and heat embossed them. The tombstone was stamped with Memento black ink, colored with Copics. I masked everything and sponged in the sky and grass with various shades of blues, green and browns. The small ghost was stamped on Vellum with Stazon black ink, fussy cut and attached with Vellum tape.
Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Count Porkula

Hi Everyone. Today my card features my favorite DRS Designs' Halloween image "Count Porkula." I think he is the cutest thing ever!

I started with white CS, stamped the Silhouette Graveyard image with VersaMark ink, then embossed it with detail black EP. Once it cooled, I sponged in the sky with three shades of blue ink and the ground with olive and brown inks. The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detail black EP also. Count Porkula was stamped with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut. The black card base was stamped with the spooky eyes background with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detail white EP. I used a Nestie die to cut out the center of the front for a frame and attached the image panel on the inside.

Hope you can join us for this week's color challenge. One lucky winner gets their choice of 2 stamps from DRS Designs. Details can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Monday

Hi Everyone! I'm back from a fabulous month with my daughter who just had a baby boy. He is adorable and I loved being there to help her and love on this precious little guy. I didn't want to come home!

There were some new Halloween stamps waiting for me when I returned so I've been having fun playing with them. Here's a card I created using the new RIP Tombstone image (570B).

I started with white CS, stamped the Spooky Tree image in Memento Black ink, added the Tombstone image and then the Happy Halloween greeting. After coloring the tree, leaves and tombstone with Copics, I sponged in the sky and grassy area using masks for the tombstone and moon. The Olive paper was stamped with the accent bats in black ink and die cut with a nestie. The black strip was punched with a Fiskars punch. Everything is attached to a black card base. Some black enamel dots complete the look. Hope you like it. Be sure to check out DRS Designs Store for the new Halloween images.

Thanks for stopping by,