Thursday, September 24, 2015

Challenges

It's Thursday and that means a new challenge at DRS Designs. This week the challenge is "Flying High." You need to have something flying on your card. I went with a witch in honor of Halloween, especially since she seemed to go so well with the new sentiment.



I stamped and heat embossed the silhouette grave, sentiment and moon, then masked the graveyard and moon so I could sponge in the sky and grass. The witch was stamped, colored with Copics, fussy cut and attached with foam dots. After layering the panel on black CS, it was attached to the white card base.

We'd love to have you join in the fun this week. You could be the winner of these stamps!
 
 
I have a second card to share with you today. It is for the Ways to Use it Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Did you know today is National Punctuation Day? Who knew?!!  For this challenge your are to have some punctuation on your card. You might be surprised at the number of sentiments in your stash that do not have punctuation! I found a Halloween sentiment that has a hyphen and an exclamation point.
 
 
 
I seem to be creating a lot of cards with this same sky and grassy area design. I like the look. Anyway, I stamped the trees and sentiment and heat embossed them. The tombstone was stamped with Memento black ink, colored with Copics. I masked everything and sponged in the sky and grass with various shades of blues, green and browns. The small ghost was stamped on Vellum with Stazon black ink, fussy cut and attached with Vellum tape.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
shelia
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment