Monday, January 21, 2013

Roses and Friendship & Merry Monday #46


Happy Martin Luther King Day! I am fortunate to have the today off from work and I plan to use it to create some Valentine cards and a birthday card for my new son-in-law.

Today I want to share a Valentine card that features our new Single Rose. Isn't it so pretty? Roses are my favorite flower so I really am enjoying creating with this new stamp!



The card base is white with a layer of pink. The two white panels were stamped in Pretty in Pink with the Interlocking Heart and Circle background stamps.

The image was stamped in Memento Black ink on white card stock and then colored with Copics. I used my scalloped heart nesties to cut out the rose positioning it on the left hand side of the heart. I also used those same nesties to cut out the two pink hearts. On the small heart I stamped the first part of the Life is Friendship Greeting in black. The rest of the greeting is stamped in black on the scalloped panel at the bottom of the card. Some white heart buttons were added to complete the look. Hope you like it!!

This week's challenge is to make a tri-fold card. You can see what the Design Team created here. We'd love to have you join us.

With the day off I found time to create a card on Monday for Lesley's Merry Monday Challenge. This week's challenge is to use a bird on the card. I used my SU Two Step Bird Punch to create this CAS card. This is also for today's CAS challenge and my monthly Christmas Card Challenge at SCS. I now have 2 of the five cards I'm suppose to create for January!!


I started by scoring the red card base diagonally. The Merry and Bright sentiment was stamped in black on the white panel before embossing the panel with the CB snowflake folder. The bird was punched out of real red card stock and embossed with the swiss dots and herringbone folders to give the bird some dimension. A tiny black half pearl was added for the eye. The branches were punched out of dark green card stock. The same green was used for the border that was punched with a MS snowflake border. The small green snowflakes are some of the ones punched on the border. Some clear rhinestones were added to the centers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
shelia

9 comments:

  1. How pretty, Shelia, and so clever to use those punched snowflakes in the corner! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Sheila! I love all the texture you've added - it may be CAS but there are so many details to look at. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card...pretty embossing and a gorgeous border! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Sheila! Love your punched bird and the snowflake border! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had productive day off! Both cards are pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the sentiment on the bird card, another stamp set to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are wonderful Sheila, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheila,

    Both your cards are wonderful! I love the pink rose with the scalloped hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute, love that punched bird, Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Merry Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete