Thursday, May 9, 2013

DRS Designs Challenge #69 Circles

DRS Designs Challenge this week is to use circles. We have a lot of birthdays during the summer in my family so I created another birthday card for this challenge.


When I saw the challenge was circles, I immediately thought of my EK Swiss Cheese border punch. I chose teal and yellow CS, punched some strips and added them to a white panel. The top of the white panel was stamped in Taken with Teal ink with the Interlocking Circle Background stamp.  I don't know if you can see, but the horizontal yellow strip was embossed with a circle EF from Darice before attaching it to the punched strip. A button and some teal baker's twine were added too. The main Confetti Alert image was stamped in Memento Black in on white CS, colored with Copics, cut with Nesties and layered on a scalloped circle. All those little yellow and teal circles from the Swiss Cheese punch will be inside this card when it is given to the birthday girl!!

There's still plenty of time to participate in this week's challenge! Hope you can join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!!! How fun (& messy) to open this card!!!! Gorgeous colours!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete