Monday, June 3, 2013

Birthday Greetings

Happy First Monday of June!! My family has a lot of birthdays and anniversaries in June and July, so I've been busy making birthday and anniversary cards. Today I have a simple birthday card to share with you.


I started by creating my own DP using the Interlocking Flower background with Barely Banana ink on white card stock. The centers of the flowers were colored with an orange Copic marker. This panel is matted on a piece of So Saffron CS. The Birthday Greeting was stamped with Memento Black ink, die cut with nesties, colored with Copics and layered with a scalloped circle. The Happy bee was also stamped with Memento Black ink on white CS, colored with Copics, fussy cut and attached to the card with pop dots to give some dimension. Before attaching the bee and greeting to the card, I added a panel that was punched with a scalloped border and then embossed with a CB honeycomb border. I added some lace stickles to the bee's wings for a bit of shimmer. I really like the look of this CAS card.

I used the Seize the Birthday sketch for this card. You can see details for this challenge here.

You still have time to join DRS Designs' Challenge this week to use at least one tree on your card. We'd love to have you join us.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Until next time,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment