Thursday, January 8, 2015

Challenges

Today I have several challenge cards to share. I feel like I am just getting back into the groove after the holidays. It feels good to be stamping and creating again.

My first card is for DRS Designs weekly challenge to create a "sweet" Valentine.


All stamps are DRS Designs. I hit the auto contrast button when I uploaded this card. It's not really this bright!! It's almost blinding in this pic. Yikes. I stamped the drop hearts background in Pretty in Pink on pink CS and layered it on the darker pink CS that's embossed with a CB folder. The sentiment was stamped in black ink on medium pink CS, border cut and layered onto the card after attached a satin black ribbon. The kiss was stamped with VersaMark ink, embossed with silver embossing powder, fussy cut and attached to heart circle. The hugs and kisses are part of another sentiment. Some heart shaped rhinestones finish it off.

My next card is also a Valentine card. This is for the Send a Smile for Kids Challenge to create a valentine for a child. I used DRS Designs happy hearts image. These hearts just make me smile!


After stamping the hearts on white CS, the panel was embossed with a Darice hearts folder. The image was stamped, colored and fussy cut a second time. After adding the pink ribbon the three large hearts were added to the panel. The Able sentiment was stamped, colored with Copics, then layered on some pink CS. A darker piece was border punched and added underneath. Some tiny pink half pearls were added to complete the look. I think this will be perfect for a little girl.

My last card is for this weeks challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches. It's also for the monthly Christmas Card challenge at Split Coast Stampers, to use stars on your card.


I started by stamping the large star in Silver ink on Bashful Blue CS, heat embossing it with silver powder and fussy cutting it. The top layer of blue CS was embossed with the CB Swirls folder. The sentiment was stamped with the same silver ink, embossed and die cut. The small silver and blue stars were punched and added with glue dots. Some navy ribbon and rhinestones finish it off. This is my first Christmas card for my 2015 stash! I try to make 5 each month, so one down and 4 to go. I don't always reach my goal, so we shall see.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out these challenges. You could be the winner of some awesome DRS Designs stamps!

blessings,
shelia


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love all the sparkle and shine on the Christmas card! Love the embossing on the large star! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Love seeing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! I love the embossing and sparkle on your Christmas card!
    Thanks for playing along this week at TMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I wanted to come over and see your cards! So glad I did - these are beautiful! I especially love all the sparkle on the second one and the gorgeous blue and silver colour combo! The top card is just adorable - the faces on the hearts make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous set of card, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Sheila! Looks like you've been a busy crafter this week!

    ReplyDelete