Thursday, June 7, 2012

DRS Designs' Weekly Challenge

This week DRS Designs is challenging us to use flying things on our cards. I went with butterflies!


I purchased this MS border punch on sale and just love it. It punches out every other butterfly and only part of the other butterflies, so they are still attached with their wings up. I love the look this punch creates. So I started my card with a Certainly Celery base stamped in Versafine with DRS Designs butterfly background stamp (744F), added two strips that were punched with the butterfly border, then added a dotted celery ribbon and attached the two strips to the left side of the card. The main image is also DRS Designs (914H). I love this butterfly stamp! It is stamped in Memento black on white CS and colored with Copics. The sentiment "Birthday Wishes" (020B) was stamped at the bottom of the image. After cutting out the image panel, the corners on top were punched with a corner punch, then layered on celery CS and then again on white CS. Hope you like it.

Come play along in this week's challenge at DRS Designs.

Until next time,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea to use all the butterflies on this fabulous creation! So adorable! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such kind words! I do so appreciate it!! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete