Saturday, June 23, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge on Saturday!

Here's a card I created using Lesley's sketch for this week's Merry Monday challenge.


The card base is navy CS with a layer of DP. I stamped my snowman image (DRS Designs' 001L) in Memento Black, colored him with Copics, spread lace stickles all over his face for some sparkle, then used my nesties to cut him out. He's layered on the same navy CS. I added some sheer blue ribbon and then punched a couple of mittens out of the navy. My white gel pen didn't work, so I used a silver one to outline the mittens, then drew a snowflake on each.

If you want to get a head start on your Christmas cards, check out Lesley's blog Always Playing with Paper and join in the weekly challenges.

until next time,
shelia

4 comments:

  1. Stinkin' cute snowman Shelia! His little face makes me happy!!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Shelia, am I mixed up or what? This glimmery snowman is perfect for this sketch and the little mittens are a special touch! Glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, the snowman is adorable and I love all that sparkle. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila,
    I love how you made your snowman sparkle! The mittens are a fun accent.
    Hugs,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete