Saturday, March 30, 2013

Seize the Birthday Challenge!!

I am always in need of birthday cards and I've tried to play along in the Seize the Birthday challenge this year, but I haven't been very consistent. This weekend I found some time to create a card using their sketch!! And it's a masculine card!!

Here is the sketch we were to use. I turned it in order to make my image fit.

                                                                  


I started with a black card and added a white panel that was embossed with a Fiskars squares plate. The main image, Racing Square, was stamped in Memento black on white CS, colored with some Copics, die cut with a nestie label, then layered on a black nestie label. The racing flags were also stamped in Memento black, fussy cut and added to upper left hand corner with some pop dots. The Happy Birthday greeting was stamped in Real Red ink and tucked up under the main image panel. I really like the look of this sketch!



Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time,
shelia

2 comments:

  1. fab take on the challenge and i know a few racing fans that would love this!! So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use this fun stamp image Sheila! Love the racetrack! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete