Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back To School Cupcake Inspiration!

My younger brother just got a teaching job and I am super excited for him. This is a second career for him and I know he'll be an excellent teacher with his laid back personality, sense of humor and enthusiasm for education. So I created a card using this week's cupcake inspiration to guide me.

Here's the cupcake:

      And here's the card I created:



My card base is white with a layer of real red CS and a layer of DCVW DP that I thought matched the cupcake liner pretty well. The sentiment and school books are from a discontinued SU set called Golden Rule Days.  Someone gave me this set when I first started stamping. After stamping the School day greeting on white CS, I cut it into a banner and layered it on Real Red CS. The school books were stamped in Real Red, Handsome Hunter and Ballet Blue on white CS, fussy cut and added to the card with pop dots. Some red ric rac and dew drops were added to complete the look. I think my brother will like it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Fits our theme perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing your journal with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card! thanks for joining us at cupcake inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete