Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Challenges

Hi everyone. Today I have a Christmas card for this week's Merry Monday Challenge to use a tree and some bling. I used today's sketch challenge at SCS for my layout. The stamp set I used is an old SU set called Christmas Peace. It hasn't seen ink in years!! :-)


My card base is Bazzil red with a layer of green CS that's already embossed with lines. On top of the green is another layer of the Bazzil red that was embossed with the CB swirl folder and punched along the edges with a star border. The main image was stamped with VersaMark on the red CS and embossed with gold embossing powder. It was die cut and layered on gold. Some tiny gold half pearls were added to the upper corners.

This didn't turn out like I had envisioned, but I do like it. I think I want to try this sketch again and see if I can't do it more justice. It really is a pretty design.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Love the gold embossed tree on the red, Shelia! And with the gold scallops all around it's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Shelia, I love this whimsical little tree. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture and gold embossing Shelia. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete