Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Challenges

With these frigid temperatures here in Ohio, I've managed to stay indoors and stamp away!! It's really quite nice. I've been working on some thank you cards as well as a couple of challenges. My first card is for Our Daily Bread Designs 2014 Challenge. You are to use 2 of something, 0 of something, 1 of something and 4 of something. It was really quite fun and easy - my kind of challenge.


For this card I used:

2 stamps - ODBD Flourished Christian Symbols and Mistletoe Tag Set
0 sheets of Designer Paper
1 silver ribbon
4 tiny silver brads

I started with a navy card base and used my ScorPal to emboss diagonal lines along the two bottom corners. The Dove and sentiment were stamped with VersaFine ink on the same navy CS and heat embossed with silver embossing powder, then I used a fancy square Nestie to die cut the panel. This is attached to a square of silver glitter CS with the 4 tiny silver brads. Some silver ribbon finishes it off. I have been using a lot of silver and navy recently. I really like the elegant look. I know it is only January, but I am starting on my Christmas cards already. This is also for this month's Christmas Card Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I try to create at least 5 cards each month. Plus Christmas cards are my favorite cards to create!!

So it should come as no surprise that my second challenge card today is for this week's Merry Monday Challenge #90 to use ribbon or twine on your card. For this card I created a whimsical look using a House Mouse image, embossing folder, baker's twine and snowflake button. It was quick and easy!


The image was stamped with Memento Black ink on white CS, colored with Copics and cut into a square. I added some white flower soft to his hat for the fur. A panel of red CS was embossed with a snowflake folder and attached to the white base. Some red baker's twine and the button were added before the image. I apologize for the brightness of the red. It's a much nicer red in real life. I need to figure out how to take better pictures of my red cards!!

This card will also go towards my monthly goal at SCS. Two down and 3 to go and it's only January 7!! If we're still on a Level 3 Snow Emergency tomorrow, I might just get a couple more done!!

Thanks for stopping by!

blessings,
shelia

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Shelia! I just saw this on SCS!! It's beautiful, and I love the silver and blue with the beautiful die and embossing, and I immediately picked out the 2-0-1-4 elements! So glad you've joined us this week for our first ODBD Shining the Light challenge of the new year! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver and navy card is so elegant, Shelia! And the House Mouse is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Shelia! I love that little mouse and your twine treatment is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Shelia. Silver and navy do match really nicely :-) Love your embossing work - both heat and dry! What a great idea to add those diagonal lines! Your little mouse card is gorgeous too :-) Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that Christmas cards are so fun to create! You're wise to start early. Love the elegant blue/silver combo w/scoring and embossing and ribbon! Thanks for Shining the Light with ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovey Sheila, thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelia I've always meant to have you show me about embossing. I love these. Super cute. :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are absolutely beautiful Shelia!! I just love the silver embossing on the blue and the fancy die cut frame. The flourished bird is gorgeous..one of my faves. Your house mouse is too cute!! Love it!!

    Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards! I really like the little mouse creature, he's adorable! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very adorable mouse image and I like the embossing on the Merry Monday card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute little mouse! Love the colors as well! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete