Sunday, March 2, 2014

missing you

This weekend my daughter and I worked on some cards for her husband who is deployed for the next 9 months. So I thought I'd share some of them.

The first one is fairly simple. I used the heart and matching sentiment from the SU Sprinkled Expressions Stamp Set. The heart was stamped in Night of Navy several times down the side of the card, then I added a navy ribbon and the sentiment that was stamped in Navy, die cut and layered on navy CS.


The second card is also fairly simple. I cut the frame out of black dotted DP and adhered it to a white panel. The hearts were cut using a Cricut cartridge and attached to the card inside the frame. The sentiment was stamped in Stazon Black ink on a strip of vellum. This was attached to the frame with two tiny blue star brads.


For the next card my daughter found a map on line that she printed on white CS. After cutting it to fit the card, we layered it on black CS. We punched two tiny red hearts and placed them on the map to represent where they are located, attaching them to each other with some red baker's twine. 


She didn't want the sentiment on the outside, so we stamped it on the inside of this one. We'll be headed to the post office tomorrow to get one of these in the mail! And then we'll probably go shopping for some care package items!

I'm very proud of my son in law and my daughter. This separation is not easy for them.

Thank you for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. These are all great cards...but the third one is awesome. Oh I remember those difficult days. But we were fortunate,,, our longest time apart was five months...but they were a long five months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am JD/Jill 's DH. I was in the navy and on a destroyer. Getting any one of these cards will be a welcome sight. All three are beautiful.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. And I love even more that you did them together!!! So cute. Put an extra xoxo

    ReplyDelete