Thursday, December 4, 2014

Challenges

 


Today I have two cards to share with you. Both are for challenges. The first is for DRS Designs weekly Thursday challenge. This week is "Hot Trends." And the hot trend is glitter. I used red, green and white glitter CS as well as white stickles for the snow. It's pretty sparkly!


The main image is DRS Designs' new Christmas Village Cabin. It's becoming one of my favorite stamps! I stamped it in Memento black ink, colored it with Copics, added some opaque white ink to the tress for snow and then the stickles to the roof and snow lines for the snow. The Merry Christmas greeting was stamped in black. The rest of the card is pretty simple - lots of glitter paper and some punched glittery snowflakes.

My second card is for this week's Merry Monday challenge to use a bird on your card.

 I also used the colors from this week's Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Color challenges are really challenging for me. I struggled with this card, but I like the result. The colors were red, green and brown, which sound pretty simple, right? I had a hard time with the brown. Finally I decided to use it in the plaid background. I love plaids for Christmas!


I stamped the background using DRS Designs woven plaid stamp, that I cut apart so I could stamp with two colors more easily. The bird was created with the SU two step bird punch. The wing was embossed with the same CB folder as the green panel. I sponged the bird with memento cocoa ink and made a little nest for him with the MS pine branch punch. The sentiment is part of the Christmas Multi greeting stamp. I die cut it, then outlined it with a red gel pen and sponged on a little cocoa ink. A punched bow and photo corners complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check out these challenges too!!

shelia

4 comments:

  1. That plaid background is stamped perfectly, looks just like fabric and the colors are gorgeous! I love the red corner accents and the sweet bird. Such a classic, elegant Christmas design...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plaid! The bird is super-simple and sweet. Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! I love the elegance of your bird card and that plaid is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL the glitter! So fun. Especially the snowy glitter... Is the snow really that fun and pretty shelia?

    ReplyDelete