Thursday, February 11, 2016

Challenges

This week's challenge at DRS Designs is Hot or Cold. You have to use mainly hot or cold colors. Here's the color wheel to help you out.


And here's the card I created for the challenge.


I started by creating the plaid background using DRS Design's woven plaid background stamp that's been cut apart making it easier to use two colors. I used SU Old Olive and More Mustard. The new Shamrocks and Shenanigans greeting was stamped on white CS, die cut and some More Mustard was sponged on while still in the die. I also stamped the Small Shamrock Group in the center of the greeting with More Mustard ink. The large shamrocks were made with a MS punch. More Mustard was sponged on the edges of these shamrocks and a rhinestone added to the center of each. Everything is layered on Old Olive CS and then on the white card base.

Hope you can find time to play along with DRS Designs this week. One lucky winner from all the entries will get to choose two stamps from DRS Designs' on line catalog. That's a great prize!

My next card is for Our Daily Bread's Shining Light Challenge #270, a sketch challenge. I always enjoy doing sketch challenges.  Here's the sketch:


Here's my card.


I pretty much let the dps and dies do the work for me on this card. The greeting is part of ODBD's Get Well set. I used a Memento Black pen to ink just the first part of the get well greeting for this card. I used ODBD's Lacey Square dies and Stitched Oval dies as well as a SB oval die. I didn't have any ribbon to match so I punched several bows with a MS punch, glued them together and added a white pearl that I colored yellow with a Copic. You can see details for this challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, Shelia!! I love the sponging on the first with the shamrocks. The blue and vanilla combo of the second with the added texture is beautiful on the second. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete