Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Graduation

My card today is for two challenges. DRS Designs' weekly challenge is "So Distressing." I distressed the edges of both of the navy panels though it is kind of hard to see. The distressing shows up better in real life. I used the sketch for this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge.






I created this for a family friend who will soon be graduating high school and heading off to college. She has a great sense of humor so I chose this fun grad greeting for the main focal point of her card. Once the sentiment was stamped I stamped the grad tassel with TH Scattered Straw distress ink, then layered it on the navy distressed panel. The small panel at the bottom was stamped with the grad background image in Night of Navy ink. It was layered on yellow CS that was punch with a star border punch. The large white panel was embossed with a Darice Grad EF and layered on navy. Everything is attached to the yellow card base. I chose navy and yellow to match her school colors.

Hope you can find some time to join in these fun challenges!

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. Great grad card! My daughter graduates from high school this year and she loves to use big words, so a card like this would be perfect for her!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete