I have been wanting to make some shaker ornaments for Christmas and decided this was the perfect opportunity. The "trash" I used was some acetate and silver twine from a package I've been holding onto. To create the shaker ornament I die cut the star out of white CS with a Darice die. The large filigree star was stamped onto the CS with silver ink and embossed with silver EP. Next I die cut several star frames using two stars dies that I taped together to insure that I'd get the same size and shape each time. Lastly I die cut a silver star and frame using glitter CS. The glitter star was glued onto the back of the ornament to give it a more finished look. All of the die cut star frames were glued together with mono adhesive. I tried to die cut the star from the acetate, but it just wouldn't cut, so I cut it by hand using the embossed image all that attempted cutting left behind. Before gluing the acetate and glitter frame onto the star some tiny star sequins were added. The silver twine was glued in between layers too.
This was pretty easy to create and I like the look. It really sparkles in real life and I think it'll look pretty on the tree. Hope you can join in this week's challenge. You could be the winner of an awesome prize.
Thanks for stopping by,