Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Birthdays

Hi Everyone! Spring is here. And after the winter snow storms last week I'm pretty sure most everyone is ready for spring. I know I am!! My family has several spring birthdays so I've been working on some birthday cards.

I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire that inspired me. She used a bunch of different greetings to stamp a background on her cards. I took just about every DRS Designs Birthday greeting I could find, arranged them on a piece of CS (in my Misti, of course) and then stamped them with VersaMark ink and embossed them with clear and white EP. I made several of these while I had all the greetings arranged in the Misti. Here are a couple of examples with white embossing:


                                       

Once the embossing cooled, I die cut a circle in the card base with Nesties as well as a white frame. Once the frame was glued into place, I added the die cut butterfly. I used a Faber-Castel Pitt Pen to add some white dots to the butterflies.

For a more masculine look, I embossed in clear and added a sail boat.

The sail boat was created with a Darice die and some yellow and blue inks sponged on while still in the die.

These were fun to create and pretty easy with the Misti. And now I have quite a stash of birthday cards for family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by today,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment