Monday, June 12, 2017

Retirement Time

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a good weekend and were able to find some time to get creative. I've been playing around with TH Distress Oxide inks and thought I'd share a couple of cards with you.

On this first card, I started with some watercolor paper, the oxide inks and a TH clockwork stencil. I wanted to create retirement cards, so I thought the stencil with clocks would be perfect. So I taped the paper and stencil onto a craft mat and sponged the inks onto the watercolor paper, blending the inks together. I really like the chalky look of these oxide inks. The As you Retire greeting was stamped on to the same water color paper, die cut and layered onto a die cut label. Everything is attached to a black card base.


The second card uses the same water color paper, oxide inks and stencil, only this time I sponged and blended the inks onto the water color paper, sprayed the back of the stencil with water and carefully laid it onto the paper. I used a paper towel to wipe up the excess water. After just a few minutes the inks react with the water and the stencil image appears. I really like the look this technique creates.




The God Bless your Retirement greeting was stamped onto white CS with Versafine Onyx ink, die cut and layered on a black oval. A punched strip was added to the center, along with gingham ribbon before attaching everything to the white card base. A blue button and bakers twine complete the look.

Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment