Monday, July 10, 2017

butterflies

I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to get inky! I have two cards to share with you today. The first one features the new Life is Measured Greeting.


I started by cutting a partial ring out of the white panel using two nestie circles dies. The remaining pieces were glued onto a black card base, leaving the partial ring black. The butterflies were die cut from water color paper that was colored with various Distress Oxide inks. I used a paint brush to drop some small dots of water on the butterflies to remove part of the color, leaving white dots. The butterflies are added with strong glue on the left side only. The right sides of the butterflies are moveable. The new greeting was stamped with Versafine Onyx black ink in the center of the partial circle.




My second card uses the new brick wall image, which I stamped with Memento black ink and then colored with copics. After die cutting the circles, the white panel was added to the kraft base. The pussy willow image was stamped on the inside with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. A Pitt pen was used to color it in.  I found a small tag in my stash so I stamped the sending you hugs greeting on it with Versafine Onyx ink and then sponged the edges with Fired Brick distress ink. Some baker's twine and a bow complete the look.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment