Monday, January 8, 2018

Baby It's Cold!

We have had such a run of bitterly cold weather. No one wants to go outside. It's just too cold, though it is suppose to warm up to 33* today. After single digits and wind chills in the minus double digits, 33* will definitely feel warm!!

With all this cold, I've been creating winter theme cards, even though I know I should get to work on those Valentines!!  Here's my card for today:


I started with some water color paper, stamped the greeting with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with clear EP. After that cooled I sponged on several TH Distress Oxides ink to create the winter sky. I splashed on some water to give it the look of falling snow. While that panel dried I worked on the coffee cups. I stamped the paper cups and lids onto white CS, added some shading with light gray Copics and fussy cut. I stamped the cups again onto kraft CS, used a brown Copic and the Colorless Blender pen, fussy cut and glued onto the cup to give the sleeve some more dimension. The snowflakes were die cut with an Impression Obsession die. A blue half pearl was added to the centers. Once the cups were glued onto the blue panel everything was attached to a white card base.

I hope you are staying warm. Just looking at this card makes me want to grab another cup of coffee!

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment