Monday, January 20, 2020

Love!

Happy Monday Everyone. Trust you had a good weekend. It has turned rather cold here in NW Ohio. So I was happy to spend my weekend indoors working on some Valentine cards. I have a couple to share with you today.

This first one I actually made a copy of weeks ago for a challenge at Splitcoast Stampers to use bright colors. I added strips of glittery washi tape to a piece of CS, die cut the word love from the CS and then used the negative part for this card. 



Everything was attached to a black card base. The greeting was stamped on the same black CS, heat embossed with white EP, die cut with a banner die and popped up with foam adhesive. Some of the glittery tape lost its glitter, so I die cut a couple of little hearts from some white glitter paper to cover up the missing glitter. 

My next card uses this month's small die of the month from Spellbinders. It's a little on the detailed side, but I really like the look it creates. 


 I started by cutting the LOVE frame from green CS, along with the letters and flowers from pink CS and hearts from bright pink CS. I also cut some of the stems from a lighter shade of green CS. I glued the letters, flowers, stems and hearts into place. I don't think you can see it clearly in the picture, but the letters are embossed with tiny slanted lines. I thought I had an EF with slanted lines, but couldn't find it. So I used my MS Scoring tool to score diagonal lines for the background panel. The greeting was stamped onto pink CS, die cut and popped up with foam adhesive. I added some Nuvo Crystal glaze to the hearts and flower centers. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you're staying warm!!

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment