Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!!


Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend celebrating this special day of remembering our service men and women!

Today I have a birthday card to share with you. My daughter in law loves to bake cupcakes so I thought I'd make her a birthday card that features cupcakes. JoAnn's had all their paper crafting supplies half off last week and I bought this EK Success Cupcake Chain punch on sale! I really like it!



The card base is a light green card stock with a layer of white card stock attached. I punched the cupcake chain in the same light green CS three times and added them to the white layer. I colored the icing in light pink with a Copic marker. The main image is DRS Designs sweet cup cake image (463E) which was stamped on white CS with Memento Black ink, colored with Copics and then cut out. I stamped DRS Designs Birthday Wishes (020B) in Memento Black ink on a white nestie circle which is layered on a scallop circle of the green CS. The cupcake was attached above the greeting with a large pop dot to give some dimension. Finally I added some red nail heads to the cupcake chains for the cherries. Hope you like it.

Until next time,
shelia

1 comment: