Monday, August 18, 2014

Birthdays

Happy Monday Everyone! This week's challenge at DRS Designs is Birthdays. I am always in need of birthday cards, so I really enjoyed this challenge.



To create this card, I started by die cutting all the circles using various sizes of circle dies. Next I arranged them on the white panel and once I was satisfied with that, I glued parts of them down to help hold them in place. Next I dry embossed the panel. I really like the look of the embedded embossed technique. This panel is layered on orange CS and then onto the white card base. The Happy Birthday greeting is part of the multi birthday greeting. I stamped only this portion in black ink and layered it on the same orange CS.


I found this green chevron ribbon at the dollar store and had to create a card with it! I started with the Birthday Candle Burst image and colored it with copics, using an olive Copic to match the ribbon. Once colored I matted it on some orange and then attached it to the Old Olive card base. The ribbon was added at the end.

We'd love to you to join in this week's challenge. You could be the winner of some awesome DRS Designs Stamps. You can see details here.

Thanks for stopping by today,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment