Saturday, August 30, 2014

Merry Monday Challenge

I have long admired the wreaths created with the Martha Stewart branch punch and every year I tell myself I need create a card with one of those wreaths. I've had that branch punch for years, but have never made a wreath. This week's challenge at Merry Monday is to have a wreath on your card, so that was the inspiration I needed. Here, finally is my wreath card!


I started by die cutting a ring using two circle nesties for the base of the wreath. Next I punched a boat load of branches out of three shades of green CS. I used the smallest glue dots in my stash and attached the branches until I liked the look and felt it was full enough. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Some red half pearls were added for the berries. The background for the wreath was created by stamping the woven plaid in Real Red and Handsome Hunter inks then die cutting it with a square nestie and layering it on some dark green and real red CS. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black ink on white CS before embossing the panel with a poinsettia EF. This was then layered on the same dark green CS and then attached to the real red card base.

I will definitely make some more of these wreaths. They are so easy to do! I also want to try a snowflake wreath!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
shelia

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I have this punch and I have tried this...but I guarentee you mine did not turn anything like your pretty card. You did a fabulous job with the punch...Very Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fullness and different colors of this wonderful wreath, Shelia! And the plaid background is a perfect backdrop! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid background to the wreath. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love your layered wreath. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO pretty! And I love your plaid background...really makes the wreath "pop"! Well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete