Thursday, June 4, 2015

Happy Birthday

Today I have a birthday card to share that I created for DRS Designs' Over the Top challenge. Your sentiment needs to be stamped over your image or part of your image. Here's my card.


I got a new spellbinder die last week that I really like. It's fun to use and not too complicated. I started by die cutting the design in black, then purple and pink. The butterfly was stamped on white CS, colored with Copics, the Happy Birthday sentiment was stamped over top, then it was die cut to fit in the middle square. Here's a close up of the butterfly square.


To put the card together, I started with a white panel, embossed it with a basket weave EF from Darice, layered it on black CS and then glued the die cut pieces down on the center of the card. Everything was then attached to a white card base. Some purple rhinestones were added to the corners to complete the look. I really like the look of this card. Hope you do too.

Be sure to check out the challenge at DRS Designs. You could be the winner this week! You can see details here.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment