Thursday, July 2, 2015

Splatters Matter

The challenge this week at DRS Designs is "Splatters Matter." I haven't done much with splatters so this was new to me. I've used a stamp that creates splatters, but I wanted to actually use a brush and create some splatters. So here's what I came up with.



I had already colored the water color paper with the blue gelatos and decided to add some red and darker blue splats with gelatos. Once they dried I added some silver splatters with some water color paint, but they turned out much smaller and are more difficult to see. This panel was layered on red CS and then added to the white card base. The liberty bell was stamped on white CS, colored with Copics, fussy cut and attached with pop dots form some dimension. The sentiment was stamped on white CS and die cut. A few red, white (silver) and blue sequins complete the look.

We'd love to have you join in the challenge. You can see details here. I'd really like to see what others do with this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment