Thursday, December 31, 2015

Is it too early for Valentines Cars?

Sometimes I think we crafters are as bad as the retailors when it comes to rushing the holidays/seasons. It's only New Years Eve and here I am posting a Valentine card. But we have to get a head start in order to get them all created, right?

This is for the newest Challenge at DRS Designs. It's a great challenge too. You get to pick a challenge from this past year to use to create your card. I chose Challenge 157: Inspired by Color.

Here are the colors:


And here's my card:

 
This card uses all new stamps from DRS Designs. I started with the pinkish red CS and stamped the small silhouette heart (666A) in VersaMark ink to create my own DP. The new triple Silhouette hearts (662F) were stamped with Memento Lady Bug ink on white CS, punched with a border die and attached to the red layer. The Be My Valentine Question Mark (664G) was stamped with the same Lady Bug ink on white CS, die cut and layered on red and white. Some lacy ribbon and half pearls that I colored with a Copic to match the CS completes the look.
 
Hope you can find some time to join in this week's challenge. We'd love to have you play along.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
shelia

1 comment:

  1. this is such a cute Valentine's card-never too early to start making them-the day will be here before we know it

    ReplyDelete