Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge

My card today is for this week's cupcake challenge. Here's the inspiration cupcake:


Aren't they beautiful cupcakes. Makes me hungry for something sweet!! Anyway, here's my card.


I started by die cutting the nativity scene from white CS with an Echo Park die. I place it on the navy CS and marked where the top should be, removed it and stamped the sentiment and starry background with silver ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. Once that cooled, I attached the nativity pieces with some Tombow glue. When I started to attach everything to the white card base, it just didn't look quite right to me, so I sponged the same silver ink along the edges of the white case base and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. Last I added the star, which was die cut from some silver CS. A milky white rhinestone was added to the center. I really like how this turned out. It's a fabulous color combo.

Thanks for stopping by.

blessings,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the die cut and your pretty background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Sheila, I ♥ the silver die cut star. I would frame that and use it for holiday decorations! Thank you for sharing it with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you like how it turned out... its beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete