Friday, October 27, 2017

Leafy Thanksgiving

I am trying to get all of my Thanksgiving cards finished this week. I really like the sketch for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week and combined that challenge with the Splitcoast Stamper Challenge to use fiber on your card today. Here's my card:


And here's the sketch:


Instead of using a circle, I made a cascade of leaves. I got this idea from Sister Sandie at Spiltcoast stampers. She created a beautiful card with cascading leaves this week that I just loved and had to case it. Here's a link to her card.

I started by die cutting all the leaves with a Darice die. I sponged some distress ink in matching colors along the edges and then went back with some brown distress ink. The brown is darker in real like. I don't know why it looks almost white in the photo. Anyway, I stamped the greeting with Archival Jet Black ink at the bottom of the yellow panel, layered it onto brown CS, added the burlap ribbon and then attached it to the cream card base. The leaves were glued on and then the twine bow was added. I really like the look of these leaves.

Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! I love your leaves!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning SketchesTuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a beautiful card, Love all the texture. Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves and burlap panel combine for a gorgeous Thanksgiving card, and the colors captured autumn beautifully! Thanks for entering your card at the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge - and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you finishing up your Thanksgiving cards Sheila, I wish I was that on top of it. This is beautiful the recipient is going to LOVE it.Thanks so much for creating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!!

    ReplyDelete