Monday, May 13, 2019

Love and Anniversaries

Happy Monday Everyone!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day with family and friends. 

Recently I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire using baby wipes and watercolors or re-inkers to create backgrounds. It looked interesting to me so I gave it a try. Some of the backgrounds weren't all that impressive, but some of them I really liked. Here are a couple of cards I created using one of the backgrounds made with several blue reinkers.



I die cut a stitched rectangle panel from the background piece as well as a smaller rectangle from the center. The Life Together sentiment was stamped onto white CS and die cut with the same stitched rectangle die and placed back in the center. The swan image was stamped twice onto white CS, colored with copics, fussy cut and added to the card. 

My second card uses the center piece that was die cut from the first card. Gotta love it when nothing goes to waste!!


I stamped the swan image twice again onto white CS, colored with Copics and fussy cut. This time I glued them onto the re-inker background piece which was layered onto a white die cut rectangle and than layered onto the blue panel. The vertical Anniversary greeting was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with detailed white EP.

If you are interested in giving this technique a try, you can see the video by Jennifer McGuire here

Be sure to check out all the new images available at DRS Designs on line store too!

Thanks for stopping by.

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment