Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Happy Autumn

Hi Everyone. I have a fun fall card to share with you today. I used the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations for my card today.  Here's their yummy cupcake for inspiration.




The challenge is to have something inside your card. I found myself staring at the cupcake wondering how they got that pumpkin shape perfectly inside the cupcake. Is that one of those candied pumpkins that they just put into the cake batter whole? I'd really like to know how this was done. I think it'd be fun to create some of these for my grandkids for Thanksgiving since most of them are young and not into pie. I guess I'll have to google this or check Pinterest!!



Anyway for my card, I cut off a panel in the front, added some transparency between the two pieces and added the die cut leaves behind so they show through the clear transparency.  The greeting is from DRS Designs and was stamped with Hero Arts Orange Ombre ink. I smooched some TH Orange Distress Oxide ink onto my mat, added some water and then made some splashes on the front of the card for some added interest. I really like how this turned out. Plus it was pretty quick and easy to create.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm off to check out how to make these cupcakes. :-)

blessings,
shelia

2 comments:

  1. Autumn my favorite time of year. Love the pretty fall colors on your card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. this is lovely. The falling sentiment is so cool! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations :) Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete