Tuesday, October 15, 2019

MTF Sketch Challenge 458



Hi Everyone!  I haven't posted for several weeks. My husband and I just returned from a trip to Disney World with our daughter and her family. We had such a fun time there visiting the parks and being together. I have so many fun and cherished memories.

I will admit that it does feel good to be in my craft room creating once more. I so enjoy making cards for my family and friends. My husband is one of the pastors at our church and he's in charge of the "Care" program. I make birthday and holiday cards for the shut ins he visits. So I'm working on getting all the Thanksgiving cards made for him. When I saw the sketch at MFT I thought it would work well with the dp I recently purchased.  The sketch is above and here's my card.


As you can tell I let the DP do all the work for this card. I fell in love with the paper when I saw it at Hobby Lobby. I think it's the blue leaves that drew my attention to it. I started with the blue CS panel, added the cut pieces of DP, embossed the entire piece with a SB leaf folder before adding it to the cream card base. The Happy Thanksgiving Day greeting is from DRS Designs. I stamped it with some blue Distress Oxide ink onto the same cream CS, die cut it with a SB banner die and popped it up with some foam adhesive.

The embossing doesn't show up so well in the picture, but it makes such a difference in real life. I didn't the emboss the first card I made and it just looked flat, like something was missing. I embossed the second one and it made such a difference to me.

I'll be making quite a few more of these. I really like how they turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment