Monday, November 25, 2019

Snowflakes

Hi Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and for those of you in the US, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week. My kids, along with their families are all coming here for Thanksgiving this year. My husband and I are beyond excited to have everyone together again. Most of the kids and grandkids are hoping we get some snow while they are here. Not sure the weather is going to be cooperative, but with all the talk of snow, I decided to make some snowflake cards for today's post.


I joined the Spellbinders Small Die of the Month Club a few years back and have enjoyed the variety of dies included each month, some more than others. This month has a few snowflake dies and I am loving them. I die cut three flakes in white CS. These are actually sized so you can layer them together. I decided to keep my cards flat and used them as individual flakes. 

I started with the card base, masked off the edges and used some Gesso mixed with water to add splashes for the snowy background. The white frames were created using a couple of Fawn Lawn Rectangle dies. The sentiment is part of the Christmas Scene greeting and was stamped in matching inks and embossed with clear EP, then die cut with a SB banner die. The snowflakes were glued onto the cards and the banners are added with foam squares for some dimension. I added some milky white half pearls to the centers of the snowflakes to finish it off.



These were quick and easy to put together. And since I'm so far behind on my Christmas card making, I'll probably be doing a few more of these.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

blessings,
shelia


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete