Monday, March 2, 2020

Christmas Cardinal

Happy Monday Everyone. Trust you had a wonderful weekend and found some time to get creative. I know I should be creating and sharing Easter cards right now, but today I've got a Christmas card for you. 

Each month I try to make 4 Christmas cards for the monthly Christmas Card Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I don't always reach that goal, even though that's really not very many cards. Anyway, today I thought I'd share my most recent creation. 



I started by stenciling on the pine needles and pine cones using an Altenew Stencil and some Distress Oxide inks. While that dried I cut a strip of vellum, stamped the greeting with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with detailed white EP. After attaching it to the kraft panel, everything was added to the green card base. Next I stamped the small cardinal on a branch onto white CS with Memento Black ink, colored him with some Copics, fussy cut (leaving off the branch part) and then glued him onto the panel like he's sitting on the  letter M.

This bold Merry Christmas greeting is one of my favorites and I really like how this card turned out. I still need to make two more cards for February and here it is March 2. Oh well, the whole purpose is to get a head start on my Christmas cards and I am accomplishing that!

Thanks for stopping by today. You can check out these images and more at DRS Designs on line store/

blessings,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment