Monday, September 10, 2012

Birthday Wishes & Merry Monday Challenge


Happy Monday! Today I have a birthday card to share that features some new sentiments from DRS Designs.


My card base is red card stock with a layer of white that's been stamped with the Easy Dot Background Stamp in Memento Black and Real Red. A red and black gingham ribbon was added before attaching the white panel to the red card. The main image, Ladybug Stackup, was stamped in Memento black and colored with Copics. The vertical Birthday Wishes sentiment was stamped in Memento black along side the lady bugs. I used my square nestie to cut it out and then layered it on a scallop nestie square. The From All of Us sentiment was stamped in Memento Black, colored with Copics and cut with nesties. I also sponged some Real Red ink around the edges before attaching it to the card.

Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check out this week's challenge to make cards featuring jungle animals!!

Here's a card I made for Lesley's Merry Monday Challenge #32. Lesley comes up with some cute sketches each Monday!


I used SU Dasher for the main image. I can't believe they've retired Dasher. He's one of my favorite stamps!! All dp is DCWV from my stash. I added some half pearls and embossed the beige panels with snowflakes and dots for some texture.  I am so happy to have a head start on my Christmas cards!!

Until next time,
shelia

5 comments:

  1. Adorable Christmas card, Sheila! I just love your papers and that cute Dasher stamp!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dasher looks very handsome with the sparkles in his antlers, the scallop frame, embossing and pretty paper! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday, Shelia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the bling on both ends of the banners. And I loved Dasher too.... Thanks for taking part in the Merry Monday challenge!

    Hugs,

    Terry (FD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dasher is one of my favourite Christmas stamps too! I love they way you've used him on your Christmas card, especially with the bling! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dasher is such a wonderful stamp and looks wonderful on your card, the papers are great.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete