Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Cyber Monday!!


Hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving! Are you still eating turkey and stuffing?  We are! I don't usually like leftovers, but there's something about the Thanksgiving leftovers - they're just as good the second and third time around!

Today my card features the just released Silent Night greeting and the small nativity scene as well as the Silent Night sheet music. Everything is stamped in silver on blue card stock and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. Heat embossed Christmas cards are so pretty to me and fairly easy to create!! I made a card very similar to this last week for the Merry Monday Challenge. I really like this layout!



After stamping the sheet music image I cut the image into 3 banners and layered them on a white panel that was embossed with the CB snowflake folder. The sentiment and small nativity image were cut with nesties and layered on white. Some silver half pearls and silver ric rac were added to complete the look. Hope you like it.

Today is the last Merry Monday Challenge so I had to create one last card using Lesley's awesome sketches!


These stamps had to be dusted off before using them this morning!! The bulb is from an ancient SU set called Little Layers and the sentiment is from Button Bear. I kept this card CAS. After stamping and coloring the bulbs, I layered them on green nesties and then attached them to a white snowflake embossed panel. Between the circles I added a couple of ornaments cut from nesties and embossed with the Swiss dots folder. The red panel was punched with a MS snowflake border. I used my bow easy to make the little green bow. I'm sad to see the Merry Monday Challenges end, but look forward to playing again in January!! It's been a great way to get my stash of Christmas cards created early!

Thanks for stopping by. And if you haven't up loaded your "turkey" card, you still have time to play in the latest DRS Designs' challenge. We'd love to have you join us!

Until next time,
shelia

5 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are lovely, Shelia! I love how you used the two styles of ornaments on the Merry Monday card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards Sheila! I love your take on Lesley's sketch and the hint of those red baubles. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How festive and fun Sheila! I love dusting off old sets and using them when I can! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card Sheila, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Sheila! Love the traditional colors and all the ornaments on this! Your punched snowflake border and bow complete this nicely! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete