Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Wow I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday. Where has the time gone? I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating this holiday.

I have two cards to share with you today. The first one is a card I made for my son and daughter in law for Thanksgiving.



I started with a pumpkin colored base and then added the white panel that was stamped with silhouette branch background in Pumpkin Pie ink. On the left I added a panel of white layered on the pumpkin card stock after stamping it with the new checkerboard background. I stamped the sentiment in black on a pendant and then stamped part of the silhouette branch in pumpkin pie for some added interest. The flower is from my stash. Some dew drops were added to finish it off.

My second card is a sneak peek at a soon to be released Christmas stamp. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I love creating Christmas cards, especially with new stamps!!


First I stamped the woven plaid background in Real red on the red card base. The Santa and Reindeer was stamped in Memento black on white card stock. The new Christmas Lamp Post (238H) was also stamped on the same panel. I colored in the Santa and Reindeer image with copic markers. The lamp post was stamped a second time on white, colored with copics, fussy cut and attached over the original image with glue dots for some dimension. The holiday lights were stamped on white, colored with copics and cut out and layered on green before attaching them to the card. I really like the festive look of this card.  Hope you do too!

Be sure to check DRS Designs for the new releases this weekend!!

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the holiday this weekend and I hope you find some time to stamp!!

until next time,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment