Monday, April 22, 2013

Butterfly Wishes


Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the new week to begin!!

I have a friend who is in the hospital so I thought I'd share a get well card that I made for her.



I created my background by sponging Barely Banana, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery inks in random stripes all over a piece of white CS. Once the inks dried, I stamped the Textured Butterfly in VersaMark ink several times, added clear embossing powder and heat embossed the images. Old Olive ink was then sponged all over the CS. I used a paper towel to remove the ink from the embossed butterflies. I love how the blue, yellow and lighter green inks show up! The Feeling Better greeting was stamped with black ink on white CS along with a few barely banana butterflies, die cut and layered on a scalloped So Saffron oval. Before attaching it to the card, I punched a yellow strip with a MS punch and added it to the card along with a few tiny half pearls. Everything was then layered on a piece of the yellow CS and then attached to the white base.

Hope you like it. Be sure to check out our challenge this week! We'd love to have you join us!!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Until next time,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty design, the textured butterflies really are pretty.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those butterflies, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is sure to cheer her up!! beautiful :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete