Thursday, April 11, 2013

Challenges!!

The new challenge this week at DRS Designs is to use stitching on your card - either real or faux. I rarely use stitching, but I do like the look. I was working on this card with the golf cart and I wanted a path for the cart. I cut it curvy, but it still didn't look quite right. I decided to stitch the edges of the path and I think that did the trick!!


This was a simple card to create, other than fussy cutting the golf cart!! I stamped DRS Designs easy grass background all over the green base with Handsome Hunter ink, leaving some spots lighter than others. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black ink. After adding the cart path and the cart, some dew drops were added to finish it off. Hope you like it!

This week's sketch for the Merry Monday challenge is great for a CAS card. So I was able to find some time to join in the fun.

                                                                       



I turned the sketch on its side. No stamping on this, just CB embossing, border punching and Nestie Snowflake dies.

Hope you find some time to join in these challenges! Would love to have you play along.

Until next time,
shelia

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card, Sheila! Love the Handsome Hunter paper and that gorgeous snowflake! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful christmas card. Love the snowflake with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've done the embossing on this card and the pretty snowflake against that dark green! Thanks, Shelia, for sharing it with us at Merry Monday! And I love your stitching on the first card! It's just what the path needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the snowflakes on your card! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, love the snowflake border on your Christmas card! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun cards...love your take on the Merry Monday sketch...fab embossing and snowflake! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. Really like the embossing on the snowflake card, with the green looks really sharp.

    ReplyDelete