Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy Monday!!


Wow, can you believe it is the end of April?!! Mother's Day will soon be here! So I thought I'd share a card I made for Mother's Day.  I had my daughter in law in mind while creating this. She loves the color orange.




My card base is orange with a layer of bright yellow CS. On top of that is a white CS layer that was stamped with our new Chevron stamp in VersaFine orange ink. I used Copics to color the yellow chevrons. The main image was stamped in Memento Black ink on white CS, colored with Copics, die cut and layered on an orange scalloped circle. The butterfly was stamped and colored a second time, then fussy cut and glued on with a pop dot. The sentiment was stamped in black on white CS, die cut with a romantic rectangle die, sponged with the VersaFine orange ink while still in the die.The strip of yellow CS was punched with a scalloped border before attaching it to the card. A polka dotted orange ribbon was added to complete the look.  Hope you like it!

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope you have been able to play along in our challenge this week to use pastel colors on your card. 

Until next time,
shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment