Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chips Ahoy!

The challenge this week at DRS Designs is to use paint chips on your card. I've been wanting to try this, so I went to my Lowes store and picked up some chips. I punched butterflies out of the paint chips for my card. I created this card for a dear friend who had a car accident the other day. She is fine, no broken bones, just rather bruised and sore. It could have been so much worse.


I started with the teal panel, stamped my greeting in Memento Black ink before embossing with a Darice flower folder. It was layered on black CS and then the gingham ribbon and button were added. The paint chip butterflies were added with some foam tape to give them a bit of dimension. Teal rhinestones were added to complete the look.

We'd love to have you join in the fun this week. Let us see what you can do with paint chips! You can see details here.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Until next time,
shelia

3 comments:

  1. Since I LOVE blue in ant shade enough said there. I love the way your butterflies transition through dark to light shades. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Get well card...that would be should to cheer up the receiver of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using paint chips. Great idea and cute card!

    ReplyDelete